Equity at CF
Continuous Notice of Nondiscrimination
College of Central Florida offers equal access and opportunity in employment, admissions and educational activities. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, genetic information or disability status in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of gender and violates this policy statement, the college will not tolerate such conduct.
College of Central Florida is an equal opportunity college and avows its belief in equal access and opportunity for all students, employees and guests of the institution. If you have a concern regarding discrimination or harassment, please contact:
Carol W. Smith, J.D.
Ocala Campus, Ewers Century Center, Room 306C, Ocala, FL 34474-2322
Phone: 352-854-2322, ext. 1437 | Email: email@example.com
If you have concerns, other than discrimination or harassment that fall within one of the following categories, you should contact the representative listed below by that category:
Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator for Employees
Dr. Henri Benlolo
Ocala Campus, Bryant Student Union, Room 205D, Ocala, FL 34474-2322
Phone 352-854-2322, ext. 1430 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator for Students
Victoria Colleli, Director, Access Services and Counseling
Ocala Campus, Bryant Student Union, Room 204F, Ocala, FL 34474-2322
Phone 352-873-5843 | Email: email@example.com
The college will make every effort to resolve concerns or problems as quickly as possible and to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. Below are links to specific documents:
- Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Policy No. 1.01
- Discrimination, Harassment and/or Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure for Employees and Students
- Complaint Form for Discrimination, Harassment and/or Sexual Harassment Procedure is available here
- Observance of Religious Holidays Policy No. 3.18
- AIDS and Blood Borne Pathogens Policy No. 3.02
Copies of policies and procedures are also available from the Equity Officer and Human Resources Department located in Founders Hall, Ocala Campus. In compliance with state and federal regulations, the District Board of Trustees of the College of Central Florida has approved the above nondiscrimination policies and procedures to govern all areas of college operation including enrollment, admissions and equal opportunity employment. The following federal and state laws apply:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), 34 CFR Part 100
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), 34 CFR Part 106
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), 34 CFR Part 104
- Vocational Education Programs Guidelines For Eliminating Discrimination and Denial of Services on the Basis of Race, Color, and National Origin, Sex and Handicap (Guidelines), 34 CFR Part 100 Appendix B
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), 28 CFR Part 35
- ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
College of Central Florida, under applicable rules of the Administrative Procedures Act, may change any of the announcements, information, policies, rules, regulations or procedures set forth in this catalog. The catalog cannot always reflect new and modified regulations. Statements in this catalog may not be regarded in the nature of binding obligations on the institution or the state of Florida.
An ombudsman is a neutral third party who helps students address problems or concerns. At CF, you may contact the college ombudsman if you feel a policy or procedure is not being followed fairly by the college. The ombudsman is impartial, and considers the interests and concerns of all parties involved with the goal of achieving fair and equitable solutions. The ombudsman does not arbitrate, adjudicate, or participate in any internal or external processes.
Ocala Campus, Dassance Fine Arts Center, Room 103
Ocala Campus, University Center, Room 211
Phone: 352-854-2322, ext. 1728 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Central Florida strives to provide accurate, honest and clear information in print, online, broadcast media or oral presentations. The college will make every effort to avoid misrepresentation to students and others in communications made in writing, visually, orally, or through other means. All misrepresentations should be avoided; however, this procedure specifically applies to the three areas covered by statute 20 USC § 1094(c)(3). Those three areas include:
- The nature of the institution’s educational programs.
- The institution’s financial charges.
- The employability of the institution’s graduates.