Marketing & Public Relations Internship Opportunities
College of Central Florida Office of Marketing and Public Relations offers internships to students who are interested in gaining real-world experience while also serving the college. The internship may also fulfill the academic requirement for work co-op experience for some CF students.
This internship experience has a public relations focus. The student will have an opportunity to develop communication skills, which are considered a critical requirement for a public relations practitioner.
Interns will have an opportunity to:
- Draft news releases according to college standards and Associated Press style.
- Assist with interviews and writing assignments.
- Proofread college documents using the Associated Press Style Book and CF Style and Media guide.
- Conduct research for marketing projects.
- Assist with design of college publications.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned.
The potential CF Marketing and Public Relations intern should:
- Be actively enrolled in or have completed a mass communications, news writing, public relations or marketing course, or the equivalent.
- Have demonstrated interest in pursuing a degree in public relations or marketing.
- Have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Be able to serve six to eight hours a week.
To learn more about CF Marketing and Public Relations practices, view the CF Style and Media Guide at http://pr.cf.edu/StyleGuide.pdf.
Potential interns should submit a resume, three writing samples, academic schedule for the semester in which they would like to intern, as well as a cover letter indicating why they would like the opportunity to serve the college and what they hope to accomplish during the internship. Finalists will also be asked to complete an interview.
Please submit materials to: Lois Brauckmuller, APR, director of Marketing and Public Relations, Ewers Century Center, Room 102, 352-854-2322, ext. 1374, email@example.com.