Associate in Science
The Engineering Technology program will prepare you for a variety of high-paying high-tech careers including maintenance technicians in manufacturing, assistant engineers, project supervisors, traffic engineers, water/waste-water technicians, maintenance supervisor/managers, and quality technician/supervisors. Many graduates continue their education by obtaining a Bachelor of Applied Science degree.
By pursuing an Engineering Technology degree you will learn how to apply practical engineering principles. It will also provide you with clear, progressive steps toward meeting your educational and career goals.
Students may specialize in the following areas:
In addition, students may complete the following college credit certificate(s), either as an individual program, or while completing their Associate in Science degree in Engineering Technology.
- Automation (12 hours)
- Engineering Technology Support Specialist (18 hours)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (12 hours)
- Mechatronics (18 hours)
- Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Motors for Manufacturing (12 hours)
- MSSC CPT, Certified Production Technician (Students will be eligible to sit for upon successful completion of EGN.)
- 1111 Engineering Graphics, EET 1084 Survey of Electronics, ETI 1411 Manufacturing Processes I, ETI 1151 Instrument Techniques and Measurement, ETI 1117 Introduction to Quality Control and ETI 1720C Industrial Safety
- Lean Manufacturing Bronze Certification (Students will be eligible to sit for upon successful completion of ETI 1622.)
- Concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, ETI 2623 Lean Enterprise for the Expert, ETI 1628 Developing and Coaching Self-Directed Work Teams, ETI 2610 Six Sigma for the Expert
- Fanuc Certified Robotic Training (Students will be eligible to sit for upon successful completion of ETS 1540 Industrial Applications using PLC’s and Robotics.)
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of industrial processes and material properties.
- Generate and interpret computer-aided drawings.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of electronics and electricity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industrial safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of quality assurance methods and quality control concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using tools, instruments and testing devices.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate math skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of modern business practices and strategies.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
- Engineering Technology Homepage
- Associate in Science in Engineering Technology Advanced Manufacturing Specialization
- Associate in Science in Engineering Technology Quality Specialization
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Organizational Management
- Business and Technology Homepage
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs