Emergency Medical Technician (Basic)
College Credit Certificate
The Emergency Medical Technician program is the beginning step toward a career in the exciting, growing field of Emergency Medical Services.
- Students in the EMT program learn the basics of emergency care from child birth to splitting and managing cardiac arrest.
- The program is 15 weeks long and includes lecture, skills labs and clinical experiences on ambulances and in an emergency department.
- Graduates of this program are eligible to apply for state certification and may find work as an EMT on ambulances, in hospitals, in industrial settings and more.
All of our courses earn college credit that can be applied toward a degree or transferred to another accredited college.
For more information, call the EMS Office at 352-854-2322, ext. 1313, or review the EMS Information Packet.
This is a limited-access program.Click for information on additional admission requirements.
- Emergency Medical Services
- AS in Emergency Medical Services
- Continuing Education EMS Courses
- Program Application
- Info Sessions & Calendar
- Job Descriptions
- Health Sciences Home
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Information Sessions
- Info at-a-glance
- High School Health Sciences Flier
- Health Sciences Staff
- Limited Access Programs
- Noncredit Courses
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs
- College Catalog