Career and Technical Certificate
Academy No.285 begins May 22, 2018
For more information contact the Criminal Justice Institute at 352-873-5838.
This course is limited access and has additional Admission requirements. See the College Catalog program information for complete details.
- CF Application $30
- F-BAT or COBAT test $45
- Physical Examination $ Varies
- Tuition/Lab fees For Florida residents $1,600
- Background check $55
- Uniforms: shirt, pants, shoes approximately $250
- Syllabus $30
- 1000 rounds of ammunition approximately $300
- Ear and eye protection $15
- Some additional costs may be incurred.
- You may schedule a packet review for the academy beginning on Wednesday, March 21. 2018
- The last day to schedule and receive a review is Friday, April 27, 2018.
- Student notifications will be on Friday, April 20, 2018.
- MANDATORY Class Information Meeting will be held Friday, April 27, 2018, from 1-5 p.m.
- Class will begin on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, at 1 p.m.
A limited access program is one in which both program admission and course registration are restricted to a certain number of students meeting predetermined criteria. Limited access status is justified when student demand exceeds available resources or accreditation requirements (i.e., student/faculty ratios, instructional facilities and equipment, clinical sites) or the nature of the program calls for specific admission requirements.
Limited access programs have admissions processes and criteria beyond general college admissions. While any student meeting the minimum criteria is encouraged to apply, not all applicants may be accepted for the desired term.
CF Health Science and Law Enforcement programs are limited access programs with special entrance requirements that vary by program. Please see the college catalog, academic program page of the website, printed program cards or information packet of each program for complete information.
Limited access program criteria may include:
- Application specific to the program
- Specialized testing
- Prerequisite courses
- Criminal background check
- Physical examination
- CPR certification
- Minimum age
- U.S. Citizenship
- No criminal history
Please note that admissions requirements may change occasionally. Consult with your advisor for the most current information.
- Public Service & CJI Home
- Public Safety Administration, BAS
- Criminal Justice Technology, AS
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy
- Correctional Officer Academy
- Advanced & Specialized Training
- Noncredit: Security Officer, Physical Abilities
- Academy Recruit Application Packet
- Background Checks
- Links to Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- CF Fallen Officer Memorial
- CJI Graduations
- Limited Access Programs
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs
- College Catalog