Directions for Florida Shines (formerly Florida Virtual College) Electronic Transient Form Process
Students who are admitted and degree seeking at the College of Central Florida and attending a "Host" institution (CF is considered the "Home" institution):
Transient students who wish to attend another Florida public institution for a particular term are eligible to receive financial aid from CF upon the following:
- Student must be approved as a transient student with Advising and Records. Students may receive this approval by completing the transient application at https://www.floridashines.org/succeed-in-college/take-a-course-at-another-school.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine the students' eligibility and send the appropriate information to the Host institution.
- Students need to make arrangements to pay their tuition and fees directly to the host institution by the institution's fee payment due date. CF does not send funds or make payment arrangements at the host institution on behalf of the student.
- If not already awarded, the student will be awarded for the upcoming term. Students are not eligible to receive institutional scholarships or miscellaneous loans as a transient student. In addition, some state aid may be limited for transient students. Students should plan to receive their federal aid only.
- We begin processing disbursements two weeks after the last day to drop with a refund when we receive confirmation the student has begun attendance at the host institution. Disbursements for students attending another institution may take at least an additional week.
- Students are eligible to receive a book voucher against their aid if they are awarded and if transient approval is finalized prior to the bookstore charging dates established by CF. The book voucher is for the Barnes and Noble bookstore at CF only. Students should obtain the required book ISBN from their host institution and contact the CF bookstore to order the book. If the book is not in stock, it will take approximately one week for the order to be received.
- If there is any change in the students' enrollment status once financial aid has disbursed, the student must notify the CF Financial Aid Office. We will contact the "host" school for enrollment confirmation.
- Return to Title IV policies apply for students that do not attend the course(s), do not satisfactorily complete the course(s), or are unable to produce a transcript from the host institution within 30 days after the end of the term.
- Students are responsible for ensuring the transcript is sent from the host institution to CF. Failure to produce a transcript from the host institution at the end of the term will result in the suspension of future aid.
Students who are Transient students at CF (CF is the "Host" institution):
Students coming to CF as a transient student from a Florida public institution should check with their home institution regarding eligibility for financial aid while attending CF.
CF will be notified of an approved transient student from the Home institution through floridashines.org. In order for the student to receive financial aid at their home institution, the procedure is as follows:
- Students complete the transient/ application process in https://www.floridashines.org/succeed-in-college/take-a-course-at-another-school as appropriate. The student may only register for courses that are approved on the home institution consortium agreement/ transient form.
- Students need to make arrangements to pay their tuition and fees at CF by the fee payment due date. Transient students are not eligible to receive any aid at CF, including institutional scholarships or miscellaneous loans.
- At least one week after the last day to drop with a refund, the necessary enrollment and cost of attendance information will be electronically sent to the home institution.
- Students should check with their home institution regarding the status of their financial aid disbursement.
- If there is any change in a student’s enrollment status once financial aid has disbursed, the "Home" institution will be notified electronically.
The Financial Aid Office at CF will not enter in to a Consortium Agreement as the Home institution with any in-state private schools or out-of-state schools (public or private).
- Financial Aid Home
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Award Letter - What's Next?
- Bright Futures
- College Catalog
- Cost of Attendance
- Paying for College: Financial Aid Guide
- FAFSA - Getting Started
- FAFSA - Verification
- Financial Aid Consumer Information
- Financial Aid Contact Information
- Financial Aid TV
- Financial Literacy
- Money Matters
- MyCF Financial Aid Portal
- Remedial and English as a Second Language
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Levy Campus Scholarship
- Student Accounts/Cashier
- Transfer Students
- Transient Students
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs