Enhance Your First-Year Experience
At CF, we are committed to your success.
As a first-time-in-college student you will:
- Begin by exploring your strengths through career and interest surveys
- Be matched with a success specialist, who will advise you through your first year
- Collaborate to select an academic pathway with clear guidance on what courses to take and when to take them
- Benefit from free college resources such as tutoring
- Grow personally by making campus connections.
First-time-in-college students can take simple but important steps for a successful start to their college career.
What can YOU do to Start Smart?
See your First-Year Success Specialist prior to your registration window and work together to understand what you need to achieve your goals. If you are based in Ocala, call 352-854-2322, ext. 1489 to schedule your first appointment! In Citrus County, contact Chris Ray 352-854-2322, ext. 6125. In Levy County, contact Kat Davis, 352-854-2322, ext. 2104.
After you have completed your CF Orientation, work with your START SMART First-Year Success Specialist to discuss your results from your completed Career Coach survey, then you can explore your interests and together with your First Year Success Specialist select the right Academic Pathway for you.
Our vision is to be the First Choice for Quality Higher Education in our Community.
Classes are available in person or online.
Students who attend school full-time are more likely to be successful. Ask your advisor how even one more course added to your schedule will help you complete your degree sooner.
You can Join a club, participate in arts and cultural events, attend athletic competitions, or be part of an intramural team or wellness class, participate in community engagement, there is also a great calendar, UpTo which will help you stay connected to all the things happening on campus.
Especially important is to make sure you get to know your classmates and meet with your instructor during office hours. In other words, get engaged.
Here are a few more people, places and things you should know:
- Location of Enrollment Services, (Bryant Student Union, Ocala; Citrus Learning and Conference Center; or the Levy Center)
- Your Start Smart First-Year Success Specialist
- Names and office hours of your professors
- Campus clubs and organizations that match your academic pathway
- Student Support Services for first generation college students, low income, and students with disabilities
- Learning Resources Center
- Veteran's Services
- Free tutoring and writing support services