Enhance Your First-Year Experience
At CF, we are committed to your success.
As a first-time-in-college student you will:
- Begin by exploring your strengths through career and interest surveys.
- Be matched with a success specialist, who will advise you through your first year.
- Collaborate to select an academic pathway with clear guidance on what courses to take and when to take them.
- Benefit from free college resources such as tutoring.
- Grow personally by making campus connections.
First-time-in-college students can take simple but important steps for a successful start to their college career.
What can YOU do to StartSmart?
See your First-Year Success Specialist prior to your registration window and work together to understand what you need to achieve your goals. If you are based in Ocala, call 352-854-2322, ext. 1489, to schedule your first appointment! In Citrus County, contact Chris Ray 352-854-2322, ext. 6125. In Levy County, contact Krystal Skelly, 352-854-2322, ext. 2104.
After you have completed your CF Orientation, work with your StartSmart First-Year Success Specialist to discuss your results from your completed Career Coach survey, then you can explore your interests and together with your First Year Success Specialist select the right Academic Pathway.
Our vision is to be the First Choice for Quality Higher Education in our Community.
Classes are available in person or online.
START FULL TIME
Students who attend school full time are more likely to be successful. Ask your advisor how even one more course added to your schedule will help you complete your degree sooner.
Especially important is to make sure you get to know your classmates and meet with your instructor during office hours. In other words, get engaged.
Here are a few more people, places and things you should know:
- Location of Enrollment Services, (Bryant Student Union, Ocala; Citrus Learning and Conference Center; or the Levy Campus)
- Your StartSmart First-Year Success Specialist, listed below
- StartSmart Fellows, who provide help with campus resources, understanding your pathway contents and support for both career and personal goals
- Names and office hours of your professors
- Student Support Services for first generation college students, low income and students with disabilities
- Learning Resources Center
- Veteran's Services
- Free tutoring and writing support services