General Education Core: A Statement of Purpose
The CF General Education basic core will consist of the following components: communications, humanities, mathematics, natural sciences and social sciences which address student achievement of learning outcomes. In addition, students are expected to complete college advisement/ orientations, and to achieve skills in basic computer use. The purpose of the common core is to expose all degree-seeking students to a diversity of disciplines while meeting the institutional learning outcomes to provide for the following:
- minimum level of adult literacy
- foundation for advanced study
- inquiry and scholarship through the improvement of basic and critical thinking skills
- increased knowledge and appreciation of human experiences and achievements in the arts and sciences
- better understanding of individuals and their cultures, both in the United States of America and abroad.