Students should be aware of the graduation requirements. These include the core curriculum, payment of all fees, and any work required in special programs. It is the student's responsibility to determine the courses necessary for transfer to any upper division college or university and to meet any prerequisite courses required by those upper division programs. Students should see an advisor/counselor prior to submitting a graduation application. For more information, visit the graduation website at CF.edu/graduation.
To begin the application process students should take the following steps:
- Complete an online graduation application by logging into the student portal and clicking on the tab graduation . There is no fee to submit a graduation application.
- Fulfill all obligations, financial and other, to the college.
- All graduates are encouraged to attend the graduation ceremony. Caps and gowns must be purchased through the bookstore.
- Students must submit a graduation application for each degree or certificate. For subsequent graduations, prospective graduates must also submit a graduation application for each degree or certificate.
When processing your application for graduation, the following graduation requirements will be reviewed:
- Completion of the required courses and number of credits
- Graduation catalog- Any full- or part-time student has five calendar years of continuous enrollment of complete degree requirements under the catalog in effect upon application and/or degree/certificate declaration.
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA and CF GPA
- 25 percent residency requirement mandated by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (Students must have earned a minimum of 25 percent of the credits toward their degree at CF.)
- Passing test scores (if applicable for certificate programs)
- Honors designation
PLEASE NOTE: For the purpose of recognition at the graduation ceremony, an honors designation is based on all grades from all previous semesters. Grades from the current semester are not computed at this time, but will be included on your final transcripts.
Cum Laude graduates must have a cumulative GPA between 3.2 and 3.49. Magna Cum Laude graduates must have a cumulative GPA between 3.5 and 3.79. Summa Cum Laude graduates must have a cumulative GPA between 3.8 and 4.0. These graduates are recognized at graduation ceremonies and have these distinctions noted on their permanent records.