College Credit Certificate
The Paramedic Program is the second step toward a career in the exciting, growing field of Emergency Medical Services. Applicant’s to CF’s Paramedic program must have first completed Emergency Medical Technician Training.
- Paramedic students learn advanced treatment skills for the prehospital environment including EKG interpretation, medication administration, advanced airway skills including surgical cricothyrotomy, the management of critical trauma and medical patients and much else.
- The program is 12 months long and includes lecture, skills labs with experienced field personnel using state of the art simulators, and clinical experiences in the operating room, emergency department, intensive care, cardiac catheterization lab, labor and delivery and prehospital settings.
CF’s Paramedic program is the only nationally accredited program in the Marion-Citrus-Levy area.
Program graduates are eligible for state and national certification. View our program accreditation here.
Our graduates are in high demand in the community because of their level of preparedness when they leave us. They find work as paramedics for:
- Fire departments
- Ambulance services
- Hospital and/or industrial settings
- Flight paramedics.
All of our courses earn college credit that can be applied toward a degree or transferred to another accredited college.
Paramedic Program Retention, Pass Rate and Placement Data:
Percent Retention (The percentage of students who successfully complete the program)(Average 2014+2013+2012): 79.35%
Percent of Grads Passing the State Certification Exam (Average 2014+2013+2012): 93.44%
Percent of Grads with Positive Job Placement (Average 2014+2013+2012): 93.22%
This is a limited-access program. Click for information on additional admission requirements.
Gainful Employment information: Paramedic Program, 6232
- Emergency Medical Services
- Continuing Education EMS Courses
- Information Sessions
- Job Descriptions
- Health Sciences Home
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Info at-a-glance
- High School Health Sciences Flier
- Health Sciences Staff
- Limited Access Programs
- Noncredit Courses
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs
- College Catalog