Admissions Office - Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply to CF?

CF's admissions application is available online. If this is your first time applying to CF, there is a $30 application fee. In addition, you will need to submit an official copy of your high school transcript and official copies of transcripts from any previous colleges or universities you have attended.

Where is the Admissions Office?

You can find help with Admissions Office?

On the Ocala campus, the Admissions Office is located in the Bryant Student Union (Building 5) on the first floor, inside the Enrollment Services Center.

Fall and Spring semester hours are Monday - Thursday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Summer hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m., closed on Fridays.

What placement test do I need for admissions?

The placement test you take depends on what degree or certificate you wish to pursue. It also depends on whether you have ever completed a college level English or math course before. If you are interested in earning an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree or earning a College Credit Certificate, you may need either the PERT, SAT or ACT. If you are interested in pursuing a Vocational Certificate, you would need a TABE test. You can schedule an appointment to take the PERT or TABE at one of our testing center locations. There is a $10 charge if you have never taken the test with us before. The scores for your placement test are valid for two years.

How do I know if I need prep courses?

The minimum scores needed to test out of prep classes are located in the College Catalog. For select students, college placement testing and developmental education courses are now optional under Florida Senate Bill 1720. However, students are still encouraged to take a preparatory course if they are lacking in reading, writing or math skills.

Do prep courses count towards my degree?

Contrary to college level credit, prep courses do not count towards your degree. Nevertheless, they can determine your status as a full-time student and they count as earned credit for determining your priority registration period. 

How do I transfer from my college to CF?

To transfer to CF, first complete the online application. There is a $30 application fee if this is your first time applying to CF. In addition, you will need to submit an official copy of your high school transcript and official copies of transcripts from any previous colleges or universities you have attended. If it has been over two years since you have taken a placement test or if you have not completed a college level math or English course at another college, you may need to take the PERT, SAT or ACT. 

How do I reapply?

If it has been over a year since you have attended or applied to CF and you are interested in returning, you will need to complete a new application and a new Residency Declaration Form online. You will also need to submit an Official Copy of your transcripts from your high school and any colleges you have attended if you did not do so the first time you applied. If it has been over two years since you've taken a placement test or if you haven't completed a college level math or English course at another college, you may need to take the PERT, SAT or ACT. 

How do I get my transcript to CF?

To Send to CF: In order to transfer your previously earned credits, you will need every college/vocational school you have attended to send an official transcript to CF Admissions & Records, 3001 SW College Rd., Ocala, FL 34474-4415. Most colleges charge a small fee, thus you should verify with each college about their process for requesting official transcripts.

What is the difference between an Associate in Arts degree and an Associate of Science degree?

The Associate in Arts degree is a general two year degree which provides you with general and pre-requisite requirements that can be followed by a bachelor’s degree program.

The A.S. degree is a two year degree which prepares you with the skills needed to enter into a specific trade.

Who is my advisor and how do I schedule an appointment?

You are assigned an advisor based on your declared major at CF. Please log into your MyCF student portal, click on the "Academics" tab under "My Academic Information". If you do not have an advisor assigned to you, please contact and request your advisor information.

Can I use credits for more than one degree?

Yes, you are allowed to use credits that meet pre-requisite or elective requirement for more than one degree.

Do my credits expire?

In most cases, no. Some Health Sciences programs require that your courses be taken within a seven year period. 

When can I register for classes?

Your registration period is determined by the priority registration schedule, which is based on how many credit hours you have earned. The schedule for registration can be found on the calendar.

When do classes start?

All important dates can be found on the calendar.

How do I change my major?

In order to change your major, you must turn in a signed copy of the Student Information Update form. You may either turn it in to the Enrollment Services Center at the Ocala Campus, Citrus Campus or Levy Campus or mail it to the Enrollment Services Center, Bryant Student Union, Building 5 Room 102, 3001 SW College Rd, Ocala, FL 34474. 

How do I use my VA benefits?

Visit our Division of Veterans Affairs website.


Main links
User links