Frequently Asked Questions About Dual Enrollment
What materials should be included in the application packet?
- Dual Enrollment Parent Approval Form
- PERT, ACT or SAT official test score reports
- High school transcript (public/private schools) or grade report (home school)
- Home school students only - letter from home education office in your district.
What do I need to bring to Registration Day? (Marion County Students Only)
- Public - blue textbook form from guidance counselor
- Private - Private School Dual Enrollment Registration Form from guidance counselor
- Home school - Home School Dual Enrollment Registration Form from parent/home school administrator
- List of desired classes, including section numbers. Please note that your first preference of classes may not be available and it is wise to have a back up selection
How do I register for my dual enrollment classes if I am a Citrus or Levy county student?
- Public and Private School - Registration is coordinated through your high school guidance counselor.
- Home school - Home School Dual Enrollment Registration Form sent via email to CF DE Coordinator.
How do I know which classes to take?
- Go to Course Schedule Search. Use this schedule to look up the times and days of the available courses and then ask your guidance counselor for advice.
What are the cut-offs for passing test scores?
if taken before March 2016
if taken on or after March 2016
|24||Pending state approval; students must provide another test score.||24|
How do I register for one of these tests?
PERT: This test is given at CF. Students receive their results as soon as they finish the exam. Students will need to bring the following:
- $10 testing fee
- Social security number
- Photo identification
Visit www.cf.edu/mytests or call 352-854-2322, ext. 1564 in Ocala, 352-249-1213 in Citrus County, or 352-658-4077 in Levy County to register.
What critical dates and county specific information do students need to know for upcoming semesters?
- Home School Student Information
- Marion County Public and Private School Student Information
- Citrus and Levy Counties Public and Private School Student Information
Where is the CF Academic Calendar?
If I earn a D or F in a course but my other grades are high, can I continue in the dual enrollment program?
No, you will no longer be able to participate in the dual enrollment program.
If you experience difficulty with a course, do not wait to ask for help!
- Contact your instructor.
- Contact your guidance counselor.
- Contact a CF advisor for information about tutors and other college resources.