Veterans Application Process
Application for VA education benefits for Chapter 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606, 1607 for first time applicants.
- Go to benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- Click on Apply for Benefits.
- Then click on Apply Online.
- Next click on Launch VONAPP (Veterans Online Application) and Apply for Benefits.
- The VONAPP will appear in a new window.
- ClickStart VONAPP.
- You will need to create a login and password; then log in and complete the application.
- Be sure to save or your data will be lost.
- Submit the online application.
There will be a processing time of up to three months. You should receive a Certificate of Eligibility within that time. If you have not, contact the VA directly at 888-442-4551.
Application for VA education benefits for those who HAVE used their benefits before.
- Chapters 30, 33, 1606, and 1607 require a VA form 22-1995. Those who are Chapter 35 require VA form 22-5495.
- Both forms are available from either your previous school's VA Office, or from CF Veterans Services.