6232: College Credit Certificate in Paramedic (42 Credit Hours)
FL CIP: 0351090405
This is a limited-access program. Please consult CF.edu/LimitedAccess for information on limited-access programs.
Prerequisite: Admission to program and current EMT certificate from state of Florida. This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, www.caahep.org, upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Profession, CoAEMSP, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, telephone 727-210-2350, website www.caahep.org. It also meets the standards of the 1998 EMT/Paramedic National Curriculum from U.S. Department of Transportation.
View gainful employment information on this program at CF.edu/gainful-employment/6232.
View the Academic Pathway for this program at http://www.cf.edu/explore/academic-pathways/index.html.
Semester One: 17 credit hours
EMS 2612Paramedic Airway Management and Ventilation1 EMS 2612LParamedic Airway Management and Ventilation Lab1
Semester Two: 16 credit hours
EMS 2628Paramedic OB/GYN Neonatal Emergencies1 EMS 2628LParamedic OB/GYN Neonatal Emergencies Lab1 EMS 2645Paramedic Clinical Experience II4
Semester Three: 9 credit hours
EMS 2658Paramedic Clinical Experience III5
Total Credit Hours: 42
Sequence of Paramedic courses represents fall as first semester. There is a slightly different sequence for students who begin in the spring or summer.
- All Health Sciences candidates must undergo a criminal background check. Candidates with a criminal record may not be eligible for any CF Health Sciences program.
- Upon acceptance into the program, a medical examination, TB test and proof of immunizations are required.
- All students are responsible for their own health/ hospitalization insurance. Professional liability insurance is included in tuition fees.
- It is necessary that students have reliable transportation to the assigned hospitals and clinical facilities.
- The student must be prepared to pay additional fees and purchase uniforms as mandated by program of learning.