Accreditation & Memberships
The College of Central Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of College of Central Florida. The commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support that the College of Central Florida may be in non-compliance with a requirement or standards. College of Central Florida is also approved by the Florida Department of Education to award associate degrees, baccalaureate degrees, college credit certificates and occupational certificates.
In addition, the programs listed below are accredited by the agencies listed. Please reference each program of study for additional information.
- The Applied Technology Diploma in Dental Assisting program is accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of "approval without reporting requirements." The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312-440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. For additional information regarding the Commission on Dental Accreditation, please consult the website at http://www.ada.org/en/coda.
- The Associate in Science degree in A.S. to B.S. Nursing program and the Associate in Science degree in Nursing — Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing program are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing Inc., 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, telephone 866-747-9965.
- The Associate in Science degree in Health Information Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, 233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-5800.
- The Associate in Science degree in Physical Therapist Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, CAPTE, 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, Telephone 703-706-3245, email address firstname.lastname@example.org, website http://www.apta.org/CAPTE.
- The Career and Technical Certificate in Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, www.caahep.org, upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs; 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, telephone 727-210-2350, fax 727-210-2354, www.caahep.org.
- The College Credit Certificate in Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, www.caahep.org, upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions, CoAEMSP, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, telephone 727-210-2350, website www.caahep.org. It also meets the standards of the 1998 EMT/Paramedic National Curriculum from U.S. Department of Transportation.
The programs listed below are approved or certified by the agencies listed. Please reference each program of study for specific statements regarding approval or certification.
- The Career and Technical Certificate program in Correctional Officer and the Career and Technical Certificate program in Florida Law Enforcement Academy are approved by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, P.O. Box 1489, Tallahassee, FL 32302-1489, telephone 850-410-8600.
The college holds memberships in the American Association of Community Colleges, the Association of Florida Colleges, and the Association of Community College Trustees. Among other memberships are the National Junior College Athletic Association, the National League for Nursing, and Florida Campus Compact.
CF has been approved by the state of Florida as an institution in which recipients of General Scholarship Loans for Preparation of Teachers (awarded by the state) may take the first two years of college work. Additionally, the college participates in the Drug-Free Workplace Program.
The state Department of Education will accept work taken at the college to satisfy various certification requirements. CF is state-approved for veterans training under Public Law 550, Public Law 89-358 (Veterans Readjustment Benefits Act of 1966), and for the education of disabled veterans and war orphans, and is a Servicemembers Opportunity College.