BAS - Management Information Systems Specialization
The Management Information Systems Specialization of the Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Organizational Management is designed to prepare individuals for employment in areas related to Information Systems. Managers of MIS are found in many places from hospitals to banks to transportation companies.
The courses in this degree program are taught by professionals with real world MIS experience and provide students with a foundation in the importance of MIS, the information technology used to support an information system, how to use an information system for a competitive advantage and how to manage an information system.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Understand and apply ethical standards for the implementation of MIS.
- Identify and manage business processes used in information systems.
- Analyze organizational strategy and the competitive advantages gained through proper implementation of an information system
- Demonstrate knowledge of the technology, both hardware and software, used in support of MIS.
- Understand how to collect, organize and store information in support of MIS.
- Identify uses for cloud based systems.
- Understand the process for creating an information system.
- Understand cyber threats and information security management.
- Demonstrate employable skills.
- Bachelor Degrees Home
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Organizational Management
- Bachelor of Science Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science Nursing
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs