Nursing A.S. to B.S.
Associate in Science
Nursing is a rewarding career for individuals dedicated to helping others. If this sounds like you, please read the "Preparing to Enter a Nursing Program" webpage for an overview of what is required. Qualified applications are accepted during a specified period as stated in the information session packet.
Come speak with us at one of our upcoming Information Sessions. Click here to find out date, time and location of next sessions.
The Associate Degree Nursing program focuses on the preparation of qualified individuals without previous nursing experience to become registered nurses. The two-year program includes performance of basic, direct nursing care to clients in hospitals, nursing homes and community-based agencies. Emphasis is given to preventive and restorative nursing care of clients with acute and chronic diseases in all stages of the life span and of those experiencing physical and mental illness.
Required testing for this program are the PERT or ACT or SAT and the TEAS. Applicants are required to maintain a 2.50 minimum grade point average. Approximate length of program (after acceptance into program) is 2 years to completion.
Approximate cost to an in-state resident is $11,562. Visit Financial Aid for information on how to pay for college and what types of funding may be available for you.
The approximate average starting salary for someone with an Associate in Science degree in Nursing is $31,000-$47,000.
This is a limited access program. Full-time classes begin at both the Ocala and Citrus Campuses in August. Full-time and part-time begin at the Ocala Campus only in January. Remember to attend an in-person information session.
Fall 2020 Associate Degree Nursing Application Information
Application Window: May 12 - 28, 2020
- Nursing Home
- Information Sessions
- Info at-a-glance
- High School Health Sciences Flier
- "Preparing to Enter a Nursing Program"
- Nursing Transfer Student Procedures
- Nursing Calendars
- Scientific Workplace Preparation CCC
- Nursing – Paramedic to ADN Bridge
- Paramedic to ADN Bridge Information Packet
- Paramedic to ADN Bridge Application
- Nursing—Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate Degree Nurse Bridge
- LPN-ADN Bridge Information Packet
- LPN-ADN Bridge Application
- Nursing—Associate in Science Degree
- Associate Nursing Information Packet
- Associate Nursing Application
- Bachelor of Science Nursing
- BSN Information Packet
- BSN Application
- Health Sciences Home
- Health Sciences Staff
- Limited Access Programs
- CPR Cards
- Noncredit Courses
- Explore Degrees
- Explore Programs
- College Catalog