CF’s transient process is facilitated by FloridaShines, Florida's Online Learning Resource Center.
Transient students are currently enrolled college students who attend another institution on a temporary basis. CF students are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA and be in good academic standing to be eligible for transient status.
FloridaShines has automated the transient form so it is easier for students. However, not all schools use the online version of the form. If you do not see your transient institution listed, please contact the Enrollment Services Center for a paper form. Paper forms are usually needed for private and out-of-state schools, as well as nonparticipating state institutions.
The transient process can be completed using these instructions:
- Go to www.floridashines.org
- Select the “Take a course at another school” option in the middle of the page
- Read Instructions First: Before beginning the application process, be sure to have this information available:
- Student identification number and PIN/password
- Social Security Number (If you don't have a Social Security Number, please enter nine zeros.)
- Term and year when you want to take the course
- Course information, including prefix, number, title and credit hours (If you used the online course catalog to find and apply for a course, this information will be pre-populated in the application.)
- Select the blue "Apply or Check Application Status Now" button
- Select College of Central Florida as the home institution
- Enter your CF student ID number
- Enter your CF PIN (if you have forgotten your PIN, please follow the prompts)
- Select Next
- Fill out the online form (please complete the entire form providing all of the information that is requested)
- Read the entire acknowledgment clause
- Submit Electronic Signature
- Select Send
You should receive confirmation by email when your Transient Student Form has been completely processed by College of Central Florida and forwarded to your transient institution.