FAQ - Enrollment Services

What can I do in the Enrollment Services Center?

The Enrollment Services Center provides a variety of services for students such as admissions, assistance with records and more. Visit enrollment services. The Ocala Enrollment Services Office is open fall and spring 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday. Summer hours are Monday thru Thursday 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. All campuses are closed on Fridays during the summer.

What placement test do I need?

The placement test you take depends on what degree or certificate you wish to pursue. It also depends on whether you have ever completed a college level English or math course before. If you are interested in earning an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree or earning a College Credit Certificate, you may need either the PERT, SAT or ACT. If you are interested in pursuing a Vocational Certificate, you would need a TABE test. You can schedule an appointment to take the PERT or TABE at one of our testing center locations. There is a $10 charge if you have never taken the test with us before. The scores for your placement test are valid for two years.

How do I know if I need prep courses?

The minimum scores needed to test out of prep classes are located in the College Catalog. For select students, college placement testing and developmental education courses are now optional under Florida Senate Bill 1720. However, students are still encouraged to take a preparatory course if they are lacking in reading, writing or math skills.

Do prep courses count towards my degree?

Unlike college level credit, prep courses do not count towards your degree. Nevertheless, they can determine your status as a full-time student and they count as earned credit for determining your priority registration period. 

What is Credit by Examination?

Many students bring a depth of knowledge to specific subjects. We recognize and honor such knowledge by awarding credit by examinations. Section 1007.27 (2), Florida Statutes, requires the Articulation Coordinating Committee, ACC, to establish passing scores and course and credit equivalents for such exams. 

Hours toward graduation are recorded as “credit by examination” with no grades or quality points given. These credits do not affect a student’s grade point average. Click here for more information.

How do I get my transcript to/from CF?

If you need to request an Official Transcript from CF: Click to have your transcripts sent out here. Follow the directions on the following page to request your transcripts. There is a charge for each copy you request.

To Send to CF: In order to transfer your previously earned credits, you will need every college/vocational school you have attended to send an official transcript to CF Admissions & Records, 3001 SW College Rd., Ocala, FL 34474-4415. Most colleges charge a small fee, thus you should verify with each college there process for requesting official transcripts.

Can I use credits for more than one degree?

Yes, you are allowed to use credits that meet pre-requisite or elective requirement for more than one degree.

How do I register for classes?

You can add classes by logging in to your MYCF portal. Use your CF student ID and password. If you do not know your student ID, you can retrieve it by clicking on the “ID and Password Info" tab. Once you are logged in, click on the “Enrollment” tab then click “Add or Drop Classes”. Click the link "Register For Classes" and ensure your options are set for the correct semester and year. Once you have registered for your courses, you will have ten business days to pay for your courses. Therefore, your FAFSA application will need to be completed ten business days after you register. For further assistance, consult the Web Registration Guide.

When can I register for classes?

Your registration period is determined by the priority registration schedule, which is based on how many credit hours you have earned. The schedule for registration can be found on the calendar.

When do classes start?

All important dates can be found on the calendar.

How do I drop a class?

If you wish to drop a class within the add/drop period, you can complete this by logging in to your MYCF portal online. Log in by visiting CF’s homepage, www.cf.edu, and clicking on the MYCF tab. Use your CF ID as your User ID. In your portal, click on the “Enrollment” tab then click “Add or Drop Classes”. Follow the link "Register For Classes" and ensure your options are set for the correct semester and year. Select the courses you wish to drop and then click the “Drop” button. Once you have dropped your desired courses, print your new schedule to keep for your record. Consult the calendar to verify the deadline to drop a class.

How do I withdraw from a class?

You would need to come in to Enrollment Services with a photo ID and complete a Withdrawal Form for the course. A refund will not be included.

The deadline to withdraw can be found on the calendar.

How do I check to see if I have a hold on my account?

You can check for holds by logging in to your MYCF portal on CF’s homepage. Once you are on the homepage, click on the MYCF button. Login using your student ID and password then click on “Enrollment”. On this page, select the "Add or Drop Classes" tab and check the "My Holds" section on this page and see if any Holds have been placed on your enrollment record. If you need assistance in resolving your hold, visit the Enrollment Services Center on any campus.

How do I change my major?

In order to change your major, you must turn in a signed copy of the Student Information Update form. You may either turn it in to the Enrollment Services Center at the Ocala Campus, Citrus Campus or Levy Campus or mail it to the Enrollment Services Center, Bryant Student Union, Building 5 Room 102, 3001 SW College Rd, Ocala, FL 34474. 

What is grade forgiveness?

Grade Forgiveness permits a student to repeat a course in which they received a grade of D or F. Students will be given only three attempts to improve their grade. While the last attempt will be used towards the student’s GPA, the initial grade will appear on the student’s transcript. Visit our catalog for more information about our grade forgiveness policy.

How do I apply to graduate?

You can apply for graduation by logging in to your MYCF portal. Once you are logged in, click on the “Graduation” tab. Then, click on “Complete the Graduation Application”. There is no charge to apply to graduate. Check the calendar to determine the graduation application deadline for the semester you wish to graduate.

How do I get a transient form from CF?

For a Florida public college and university, please visit our transient page for instructions.

For nonFlorida and nonpublic schools, complete the transient form.

Enrollment Services

Main links
User links