Rights and Responsibilities of the Financial Aid Recipient
As a financial aid consumer, the student has the right to:
- Be informed about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available and renewal requirements.
- Have confidential protection of the student's financial aid records. The contents of a financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Request a review of decisions made by the College of Central Florida Financial Aid staff. A letter explaining the student's situation in detail should be submitted to the director of Financial Aid.
The student has the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to the student from the Office of Financial Aid and other financial aid agencies by mail and electronic communication; keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing aid program(s).
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of all financial assistance not listed on your aid notification as your offered assistance may have to be adjusted. Students will be responsible for any overpayment occurring as a result of receipt of outside resources.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory notes and all other agreements that are signed.
- Register for the appropriate number of credits for the aid program and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Register only for courses required for the student's current program of study.
- Request personal assistance if the student has questions or does not understand the information provided.
- View the student's financial aid status for up-to-date information at the Financial Aid page of the MyCF student portal.