Scholarships & Competitions
Major scholarships coordinated by CF Honors Institute
ALL-USA/ALL-FLORIDA ACADEMIC TEAM
- Targets students of any major with a strong academic and volunteer record.
- CF can nominate two students per campus locations at Ocala and Citrus.
- Nominees automatically become part of the All-Florida Academic Team, have the possibility of being selected for the National Academic Team featured in USA Today Newspaper, and have a variety of scholarship opportunities connected with this honor
- For more information visit: http://www.ptk.org/?q=become-a-member/scholarships/all-state
- Targets students in math, natural sciences and engineering fields (pre-medicine only if the planned career field is research, not private practice).
- CF can nominate up to four students for this competition.
- Three hundred students are chosen nationally to receive scholarships of up to $7,500 per year after transfer to a four-year institution.
- For more information visit: www.act.org/goldwater
- Targets students who plan to eventually attend graduate school in preparation for a career in public service.
- CF can nominate two former students for this competition.
- Eighty students are chosen nationally to receive scholarships of up to $30,000 to offset costs of senior year in college and graduate school.
- Students who are at the junior level can be nominated by CF or the transfer institution.
- For more information visit: www.truman.gov
JACK KENT COOKE SCHOLARSHIP
- Targets students in any major who have a strong academic record, leadership ability and public service commitment.
- CF can nominate two students for this scholarship.
- Thirty students are chosen nationally to receive up to $30,000 per year after transfer to a four-year institution.
- For more information visit: www.jkcf.org
- Targets students planning to study the environment and related fields, and Native Americans in fields related to health care or tribal public policy.
- CF can nominate three students in each category.
- Eighty students are chosen nationally to receive up to $5,000 per year after transfer to a four-year university.
- The above websites are for specific information about each scholarship. Contact Honors Institute Coordinator Andrew Jenkins, email@example.com, for application material used for CF's internal selection process.
- Students should typically have a minimum 3.5 overall GPA to apply for these scholarships.
- Academic records, leadership qualities, personal achievements, volunteer record, and responses to application questions are considered when students are selected as nominees.
- These applications are extensive and are usually available beginning in mid to late October.
- The application process is coordinated through Ron Cooper,firstname.lastname@example.org.